People who attend come from different levels of acceptance – from scared and confused to comfortable and supportive. All are welcome no matter where you are in your journey or family struggle, no matter where you live.
- We are a support group for parents, families and friends with loved ones who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, or questioning.
- We are LGBTQ persons who want to be a part of a supportive community.
- We are straight spouses with LGBTQ partners.
- We learn about LGBTQ related issues in our families and in our society
- We have meetings that are safe and nonjudgmental where attendees and conversations remain confidential.
- Through support, education, and advocacy we foster dialogue, create safe environments and open hearts and minds so that our LGBTQ family members and friends can live in a world that is safe and inclusive.
Research and experience overwhelmingly shows that LGBTQ youths with accepting families and strong support networks have better outcomes than those who do not, with respect to virtually all measures of health and well-being. This fact is the underlying motivation for PFLAG.